The Crossroads Blues Society Karen Howard Memorial Music Scholarship was established in 2018 in memory of the founder of Charlotte’s Web, Karen Howard. This scholarship for post-secondary study recognizes an outstanding high school student who has been actively involved in music and is going on to study music after high school. Applicants must be graduating from a high school in Illinois’ Winnebago, Ogle, Stephenson, Boone or Dekalb Counties.
Applicant must be:
- Graduating HS senior from Winnebago, Ogle, Stephenson, Boone, or Dekalb counties.
- Actively involved in music in HS
- Going on to study music as a primary endeavor after high school (choral, instrumental, and/or musical theater)
- Ongoing studies may be Vocational Training, Technical Music Training, Apprenticeship, College or University (2- or 4-year program) or some equivalent
- GPA, class rank, and family income are NOT considerations
Scholarship application is open from November 16, 2022 to April 14, 2023
Award - $500 to one recipient
To learn more about this scholarship and access the application, please visit their website.
This scholarship is administered by Crossroads Blues Society.
Questions about this scholarship?
Contact Steve Jones