To qualify, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 17 years old and commissioned under the age of 30.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores).
- Meet physical standards.
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard).
- Reserve Officer's Training Corps (ROTC)
- 2, 3, and 4-year scholarships cover 100% of tuition.
- Monthly stipend: $420
- Textbook Money: $600 per semester
- Employment directly after graduation
Illinois State Tuition Waivers and NIU Housing Waivers:
The Illinois State ROTC Tuition Waiver is a merit-based incentive for those interested in participating in the ROTC program. Students participating in the ROTC program at NIU and residing in the campus dorms can compete for the NIU Housing Waiver. There is no military obligation associated with either of the waivers. Students are required to meet minimum attendance, academic and physical fitness standards to earn and retain a waiver from one semester to the next.
- 40 tuition waivers available up to $5,000 per semester
- 20 housing waivers up to $3,000 per semester
(The waivers are different than the Federal scholarships)
To learn more about this scholarship and access the application, please visit their website. Details may also be found on the flyer below.
Questions about NIU ROTC scholarships?
Contact Keith F. Buchanan