A location-based full-tuition scholarship for graduates of Rockford Public School District 205 who live within the City limits of Rockford, have attended all four years of high school, and have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Be a resident of the city of Rockford
- Have attended a Rockford Public School for all four years of high school and are eligible to graduate from a Rockford Public School in 2021
- Have completed and submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid by February 1, 2021
- Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher, based on a 4.0 scale
- Have applied to Northern Illinois University before February 1, 2021
Award: The scholarship covers up to four years of tuition and general fees for any student attending Rockford Public Schools for all 4 years of high school, and who achieve a 3.0 unweighted GPA during that time period. While at NIU, students must maintain a minimum course load of at least 12 credit hours per semester and an overall cumulative GPA of 2.5 at NIU to remain eligible. Parents must live within the City of Rockford limits during the time period of the scholarship.
Scholarship application open from October 1, 2021-March 1, 2022.
To learn more about this scholarship and access the application, please visit their website.
Questions about NIU - Rockford Promise scholarships?
Contact The NIU Financial Aid and Scholarship Office
Contact Rockford Promise