To provide financial assistance to individuals who are pursuing a career as a school or public librarian.
- Be a High school graduate or graduating high school senior with a permanent address within Boone, Ogle, Stephenson, or Winnebago County in Illinois;
- Major in library and information science or related field;
- Intend to pursue a career as a school or public librarian;
- Attend a four-year college or university during the funded year; and
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
Priority will be given to applicants who have work or volunteer experience in a school or public library.
Learn more about the William J. Galaway Library and Information Science Scholarship.
This scholarship is administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois (CFNIL). CFNIL's scholarship application opens December 1 and closes February 1 every year. Learn more about CFNIL's scholarship program and application process at www.cfnil.org/scholarships
Questions about this scholarship? Contact CFNIL Program Officer Ciara Stahly.