This is a scholarship for a female graduating high school senior from a public or private school in Winnebago, Boone, or Stephenson County.
- Must be a resident of Winnebago, Boone, or Stephenson County
- Must be a graduating high school senior from a local high school (public/private)
- Must be a female
- Must have a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale
- Must provide an official copy of high school transcript
- Must provide a copy of college acceptance letter
- Must provide a 500-word essay (typed) answering the following questions: 1. What are your educational or professional goals & aspirations? 2. Based on the community service you completed, why did you choose those activities and how has your service benefited the community? 3. Why should you receive the Arizona Cleaver Stemons Scholarship Award? - Must provide three letters of recommendation from the following: 1. Teacher/counselor on school letterhead; 2. Minister/pastor/religious leader or community leader (on letterhead); 3. Applicant’s choice (not related to the applicant)
- Upon selection must re-verify continued enrollment and attendance at your prospective college/university
Scholarship application open from December 1, 2020 - June 4, 2021.
All applications and materials must be submitted together and postmarked by June 4, 2021, to:
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority - Upsilon Chi Zeta Chapter
Attention: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 14122
Rockford, IL 61105
To learn more about this scholarship and access the application, please visit their website.
This scholarship is administered by the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Upsilon Chi Zeta Chapter.
Questions about this scholarship?
Contact Taylor Coffman, Scholarship Chair