Scholarship for female students enrolled in a post-secondary curriculum or vocational program at any accredited College or University, such as Rock Valley College or Rockford University.
- Applicants must have graduated or been awarded a GED from a public/private high school in Winnebago, Boone, or Ogle counties.
-Academic achievements (includes review of college transcripts, scholastic achievements, and awards).
-Strength of essay written for application and focus on applicant’s interest in post-secondary education. (Limit of two pages with a legible font no smaller than 10pt, double spaced)
- Submission of at least two letters of recommendation (three or four are encouraged). At least one of the letters must be written by an academic instructor. Other references will be accepted from employers, mentors, and other academic instructors.
- Level of involvement in employment, family responsibilities, school, and community activities.
- Student must have completed at least 12 credits of post-secondary classes.
- Student must qualify for financial aid through FAFSA.
Amount of Scholarship: Two $1,000 scholarships
Scholarship application open from November 1, 2023 - March 25, 2024.
To learn more about the AAUW Post-Secondary Scholarship and access the application, please visit their website.
This scholarship is administered by the American Association of University Women Rockford Area Affiliate.
Questions about this scholarship?
Contact Diane Kuehl