1. To reward outstanding youth for their commitment to improving the quality of life in our city through meaningful, active community service.
2. To recognize significant contributions by young people of the Rockford community to the general scholastic and extra-curricular life of their respective school.
3. To encourage deserving young men and women, who will be graduating within this year from a Winnebago County high school or Rock Valley College, to continue their studies and their dedication to good works within the community.
- Outstanding moral character
- Frequent participation of a constructive nature in both school and community events and/or program.
- Financial need beyond the amount his/her family can provide, except in cases where another individual organization, agency or institution will be furnishing the total amount of fund required for further education.
- Apparent interest and the academic ability to continue his/her education beyond high school or community college levels, but not necessarily by attending a college or university per see
- A minimum of one scholarship will be given to a student from each of the Alpine Kiwanis sponsored Key Clubs (Guilford, Jefferson, Christian Life, Belvidere, and Harlem.
The deadline for application submission is a postmark of March 15, 2020. No exceptions to this deadline can be made.
Award: Ten awards of $1,500 each
Scholarship application open from November 2, 2020 - March 15, 2021.
To learn more about this scholarship and access the application, please visit their website.
This scholarship is administered by Alpine Kiwanis of Rockford, IL.
Questions about this scholarship?
Contact Carol Smith, Scholarship Chair