The Bright Future Scholarship for 2 female high school seniors residing in Boone, Winnebago, Stephenson, or Jo Daviess counties and demonstrating the leadership characteristics and potential to affect positive change.
- Applicant must be a female high school senior.
- Applicant must be planning to continue her education, not limited to college.
- Applicant must be a resident of Boone, Winnebago, Stephenson, or Jo Daviess Counties.
- Applicant must maintain a 2.5 scholastic average or equivalent.
- Applicant should display leadership characteristics and the potential to affect change.
- Applicant should exhibit qualities including, but not limited to:
- courage and tenacity to overcome barriers and obstacles to achievement;
- creative thinking and problem-solving;
- accepting and delegating responsibility;
- expressing concern and demonstrating tolerance;
- a commitment to diversity;
- strong written and verbal communication skills.
Award - $1500 each, 2 recipients
The application is open from November 15, 2020 - January 17, 2021.
To learn more about this scholarship and access the application, please visit their website.
This scholarship is administered by the YWCA of Northwestern Illinois.
Questions about this scholarship?
Contact Jennifer Bowman, YWCA