ELEVATE Program assists youth and young adults 16-24 years old to obtain full time employment in Boone and Winnebago counties. If training/schooling is needed to obtain this goal, tuition assistance for schooling and job placement is provided which includes required books and materials. If qualified, supportive services assistance are available such as transportation and other items. Career Planners provide case management working with the Youth and all entities/organizations the Youth are involved with to provide services. Placement in paid work experience (temporary work up to 350 hours) and On-The-Job training employer subsidy program (permanent full-time work) is also offered.
To receive tuition assistance:
- Schooling must be WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) approved.
- To receive paid Work Experience or On-the-Job training: be eligible for ELEVATE program.
General requirements for ELEVATE program:
- 16-21 years old currently attending or registered to attend secondary, post secondary school, alternative school or vocational school. Must meet WIOA low-income requirements. - Must have a barrier to employment.
- 16-24 years old who have dropped out of High School and do not have a HSE/GED (16 and 17 year olds will need their drop letter from school) and not attending post secondary education of any kind.
- 17-24 year olds who have a HSD/GED and not attending post-secondary school of any kind. Must meet WIOA low-income requirements. Must be basic skills deficient and have a barrier to employment.
To learn more about ELEVATE their Facebook page.
This scholarship is administered by The Workforce Connection. The Workforce Connection's scholarship application is open year-round. ELEVATE is funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act grant. Applications are accepted throughout the year. ELEVATE will determine if a youth is eligible for the program and services. If a youth is not eligible for ELEVATE, they will be referred to agencies who may be able to assist. Assistance for any of our services is based on funding availability.
Currently, we are providing a combination of in-person and virtual appointments to provide services for our program due to the COVID-19 pandemic and we strive to minimize service interruptions.
Questions about this scholarship?
Contact Intake Specialist, Brook Henderson.
303 N. Main Street Rockford, IL 61101