The Womanspace Scholarship is for a high school senior who has chosen an academic field of study in FINE ARTs (includes: visual arts, such as drawing, sculpting, painting, music, dance, theater, or architecture).
- Be a resident of and enrolled as a senior at a Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson County public or private high school.
- Have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 out of 4.0.
-Have a chosen academic field of study in Fine Arts. Applications without an identified major will not be considered.
- Children and grandchildren of Womanspace employees, board members and scholarship selection committee are ineligible.
- Academic achievements should indicate a high potential for success in post-secondary education (includes a review of transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, scholastic achievements and awards).
- Candidate should demonstrate a level of involvement in school and/or community activities that indicate engagement and leadership.
- Candidate should submit a strong essay for application and at least two letters of recommendation (three or four are encouraged). At least one of the letters must be written by a teacher from an area of discipline outlined in the application criteria (art, composition, journalism, etc).
- Classification as a graduating senior by the time the award is granted, followed by proof of course registration at an accredited college or university for the 2023-2024 academic year is also required.
APPLICATIONS THAT ARE INCOMPLETE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Award: One award of $1,000
Scholarship application open from January 1, 2024 - April 15, 2024.
To learn more about this scholarship and access the application, please visit their website.
This scholarship is administered by Womanspace of Rockford, IL.
Questions about this scholarship?
Contact Kristin Kofoed